Monday 9th March, 7-8pm at The Good Heart
Fair Housing for Frome is looking to recruit some new board members – could this be you?
Perhaps you’re a local resident with good links in the community and some understanding of insecure housing and homelessness, either through your own experience or the experience of friends and family. Or perhaps you have professional skills related to housing, fundraising, development and marketing, or are a strategic thinker who can help turn vision into reality. It’s also important to us to have as much diversity as possible on the board of directors, in terms of age, gender and experience.
We are a friendly open-minded group that meets approximately every two months, with other events and activities in between. This is a voluntary position, and following a trial period, we’re looking for a commitment of two to three years. Our priorities for 2020-3 include:
• ensuring that homeless and insecurely housed people get the support they need
• encouraging the development of community led housing, including tiny homes
• developing a legacy scheme to build up a portfolio of affordably-rented local homes
• campaigning for a fair private rented sector, including launching a lodging scheme
• continuing to research needs and raise awareness in the town
If you have interest or expertise in any of these areas then you could play a particularly helpful role on the board.
On Monday 9th March from 7 – 8pm there will be an informal drop-in for anyone interested in joining the board or just finding out more about our work. It will take place at The Good Heart, 7 Palmer Street, Frome BA11 1DS, hosted by current members of the board and staff, and everyone is welcome.
There is a simple application form for anyone who’d like to be considered for the board. Please return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th March 2020.